View Single Post
      02-13-2018, 05:00 AM   #8
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Yeah unknown if it'll fit but at the same time I'd be surprised if they haven't designed it in such a way that it works. I suspect what looks like it might be attached might not clip in, instead its a pipe that they use to hide the cables. That would solve the issues of compatibility across models I suspect.

I imagine it won't be like this but it would be awesome if it functioned via the iDrive system and didn't have it's own little screen on the back like the v1. Though the sad thing is when I think of that, there's already like stereo cameras for the front plus parking cams and even side cams on some cars. The car really has all the cams it needs to do this already plus inbuilt storage they could record to.

If they were really going the whole hog they could make it a small subscription service, it uses the inbuilt SIM in the car to upload footage so you can view it anywhere plus if the car is stolen the footage doesn't get stolen with the car...

Anyway probably a pipe dream for a while but it'll likely happen sooner or later.

Indeed the BMW one sounds the most sensible option, don't want to ruin the warranty in any way.
Appreciate 0