momos750
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5, 2011 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc1979 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by momos750 View Post
Are your DRL's coded to work with your HID's?

It could be that the voltage, amperage, resistance, etc. of your HID's could be slightly or measurably different causing your eyebrows to malfunction. The electrical system is very sensitive.

I say this because when you put the stock halogen H8 back in it seems to function fine.

Do you get any lighting errors in the CIC cluster?
Momos, you explanation makes complete sense to me and yes I do get an error on the dash. Daytime lamp malfunction. Basically the computer doesn't recognize the HID. I'm just trying to figure out how to trick the computer to accept the kit.
You have to code the DRL's to work with the HID's
I had to do it with mine. I switched my stock H8 halogens to H8 LED's and had to code the ECU to know which kind of bulb to use. Otherwise the ECU checks the bulbs like every 4 mins for malfunctions. Because the HID's have a different wattage, amperage, and resistance than the halogens, you are going to constantly throw errors, and probably the reason your eyebrows don't work right either.
If Alex is your coder talk to him and have him code your lights. He should know how to do that.
It's can only be done with E-Sys.

In fact if you change any other bulb in the car, exterior or interior, from halogen to LED those will need to be coded also.