E9TOU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by semclane View Post
Is anyone else as disappointed in NBCs F1 coverage?

First of all every race weekend turns into a scavenger hut for the three sessions televised as NBC shuffles the allocation among their NBC, NBCSN, and CNBC channels. Living on the left coast, I try to set up my recorder on Thursday for these so I don't have to get up at 04:30 to watch them live. This week this exercise was made more didfficult by a local power outage that cleared the guide on my Comcast box - it took two days for the guide to get brought back up to date.

My second gripe is the amount of time during the race spent on advertising. Admittedly I don't have the patience to make a precise accounting but it seem that less than half the time is actually spent broadcasting the race. Between the full commercials, the commercials where the the race coverage is continued in a picture in picture window so small as to be worthless for following what is going on, and the still shots with the presenters pitching other shows coming up later, it seems like less than half of the race is actually watchable.

Oh well, maybe the incoming F1 management will make it a better show for American F1 fans, nut I won't hold my breath for that.
I hate NBC's coverage in the US. If you come here (bimmerpost) before a race weekend, OP generously posts the channels for each part of the weekend. I just use the NBC Sports app so I don't have to track anything as far as channels go (although you have to put up with the app's advertising).
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa702.00