02-04-2024, 06:55 AM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesik View Post
Mine doesnt lock the doors at all, but I know that the car recognizes the key because I can open the trunk without unlocking by the remote.
1. it unlocks the car if i PULL the drivers door handle and
2. AFAIK the comfort access should unlock the car if I touch the handle, not pull it.
It only works on the drivers door handle and the trunk. Anybody encountered a similar issue?
If what you wrote in your quote above is correct…your CA door handles may be working correctly.

See the diagram that was previously posted above about the CA door handles…and also check your owners manual for correct usage for your model (in case its different).

There are 2 capacitive sensors…the ridges (#2) on the handle is were sensor (#6) LOCKS the car. There’s a sensor on the handle (#4) where you pull to UNLOCK…you shouldn’t have to actually pull…but your hand needs to touch the sensor in a specific area…you can’t just touch the handle anywhere.

EDIT:

Example from my f06 owners manual as where to touch the door handle for CA lock/unlock:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-04-2024 at 07:09 AM..
Appreciate 0