12-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #28
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanza84 View Post
In this case I would contact attorney ASAP, put message on twitter and Facebook of BMW Canada. Did you call to BMW corp in Canada ?
Drop the car off. Ask for a loaner. Keep the loaner until all problems are gone. Calculate what your payment would be for a car of that price, demand the Service Director or GM to reimburst you each month the car is in there.

If they disagree, file a lemon. Your case isn't life threatening, so your lemon case will most likely decline. If you been in the shop for more than 12 times for teh same problem per year, it should qualify.

My X5 last died on me in the middle of the street twice (huge liability issue for BMW). In the shop a dozen time with 2 mos. Even then, I couldn't declare a lemon. However, they did give me $$$ for inconvience fees which I was very ok with. I called BMW customer service, GM, and Service Director.

Thank god all my other 3 BMWs owned were trouble free. I would switch to another German brand, but my MB/Audi buddies are saying life isn't much better there. BMW might be the better built ones out of the bunch. I will stay with BMW.

If only the Japs build exciting luxury cars (Lexus are boring - stupid front grill and no turbos, Infinitis look too feminine - Q50 is ok, and the new Acuras are hidious - they need to fire the Acura designer, seriously). I had Acuras and Infinitis, never a single issue. Once was a minor recall on the TL's trunk latch. Other than that, logged hundreds of thousands miles combined on Jap cars.

Last edited by JNoSol; 12-17-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0