View Single Post
      11-13-2014, 08:42 AM   #92
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sports cars are less practical, so they than have to perform much better than equally priced sporty cars or they have to be priced well below same performing sporty cars. However as the volume is low, they cannot be profitable, unless they are unaffordable for the middle-class people. Yet, 1% have in most cases no clue about cars and can only read badges, so other than Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini, other sports cars have no chance.

Before sports cars were just that: a sports car. Today they are like watches: of no use other than indicator of social status.

The purest sports cars to have come out this decade are the GT86 and the 4C. However they are not successful. What could be the reasons? To me it looks like low performance and high price compared to practicality trade-off. But I think even then I'm mistaken. What customers want is an ALL-IN-ONE, Jack of all trades master of none: SUVs. The trends indicate them very clearly. Too bad that in the professional world (job market), "Jacks of all trades" and not wanted, but so called "experts".

Sports car need some revolution to be successful, maybe hybrid and CF. i8 and new Z will tell us if that really was it. Maybe brainwashing and manip..ehr I mean marketing could help.

Last edited by BMW269; 11-13-2014 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0