View Single Post
      08-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #80
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
Californian here. Love seeing threads like this devolve away from meaningful discussion because some of you ancient boomers always need to bring in politics and vaccinations. Disgusting (and embarrassing, really).

All I have to do is look at how fast charging infrastructure sprung up down here in SoCal to know that this is possible, whether we want it or not. Most manufacturers have already promised being a majority-EV by that same date. Nothing shocking here.

Just California trying to be the cutting edge.
> Publish some arbitrary date about banning ICEs and apply societal pressure
> Use said pressure to get automakers and charging infrastructure to accelerate their timelines
> Push back date and continue to apply pressure
> "Suddenly" we have the infrastructure to actually support a majority-EV state.

Down here in SoCal, I could already do 99.99% of my yearly work and leisure travel fully-EV. In 2022. Couple more turbines in cow country across the US and we'll be chillin'.
Look, I honestly don't care what anyone has to say about when the EV takeover happens. My opinion is not in my lifetime. Right or wrong, just my 2 cents. But I disagree with people who say " I'm good with EV now. I can go a hole week on 2 charges. Well good for you. But there are tens of millions who can't
Do that. Also, Ford and Chevy can say whatever. We are supposed to believe everything they spew out? Chevy has made a total cluster fuck of the Z06 launch but I'm supposed to believe they will have all there shit together on the EV front? Other than the Z06, Ford and Chevy can keep every other turd they put out.
Appreciate 3