View Single Post
      05-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #11
frieseke
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 750li

There is a number on the tire that states when it is manufactured. If the number for all 4 are the same I would expect the tire was simply at the top of the pile. The number is on the inside lip of the tire in something of a rounded tag. It will say something along the lines of DOT ****** #### The * are just random letters for the serial number (probably not that random) and the last 4 numbers are the date of manufacture. The first two say the week the tires were made and the last two the year so if your tire says DOT ********* 4814 it means it was made in the 48th week of 2014 which would be mid November. If they are all newish odds are they are brand new tires.

As for the rims, on the inside there should be a serial number and tag of some sort and you can look them up I believe with a cell phone's QR reader and see when they were made.

Otherwise a vibration can be any number of other things including a tire being out of balance or the lug bolts being improperly torqued. I had a mean vibration in my M5 here about a week ago and I thought for sure it would be something expensive turns out it was just my lug bolts had been loosened and had stretched. 16 bucks later and I was right as rain. That could be a cheap fix just retorque your wheels.

If it is something else please let us know because there is a small hint of a vibration in my machine and I would sure like to get rid of it too!
Appreciate 0