advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by michal12 View Post
Sounds like an R6 to me? Shame no V8..
The exhaust definitely sounds like V8. You'll have no more doubt if you carefully listen to the very first video, the racetrack sequence where you hear it revving up and sounding exactly like the recent V8 M models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll_991GT3 View Post
Ok, they want to compete with S-class. What about their poor quality materials in the recent BMWs? They will just make a huge jump in one model? I don't think so. Recent BMWs are so plastic inside. They just don't stand out any longer.
Then we have huge quality issues with F series models. My X5 in three years (40k kms) visited already 4 times dealership for major failures...
Previously yes, but the recent 7 and 5 have been unanimously reviewed as being equal or higher quality than the competing models from Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
It's beautiful car but what happens to 6 er??? they gonna discontinue it again??
Why they can't have both 6 er and 8 er at the same time???
Was thinking the same, there is definitely room for a 6 and an 8 if you look at the Mercedes-Benz E Coupé and S Coupé. Until I found out that the new 8, at least the Concept, instead of being longer than the outgoing 6 Coupé (4m89) to make room for a new smaller 6, is actually shorter (4m84)... BMW chose not to go the S Coupé route (5m03) with a large true 4 seater coupé version of the sedan, but instead chose the 2+2 coupé route with an emphasis on sportiness and luxury at the expense of the rear passengers room, which will be the added value of the 8 Gran Coupé.

So it definitely is more like a 6 than an 8 dimension-wise, but due to its upmarket ambition BMW decided to name it 8, even though it isn't a 2 door 7 Series as it logically should have been. I hope its stunning design and high quality interior will not only make it successful against direct rivals (S Class Coupé and Lexus LC) but will also make it credible against the British exclusive marques (Aston Martin and Bentley) which it clearly draws inspiration from. Hence why it should also offer a V12 version, at least for image reasons, but wouldn't they have put a V12 in the Concept then?...

Last edited by advantage20; 05-26-2017 at 06:22 AM..
Appreciate 0