Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Are you still typing?
You want to know the truth?

It's because I don't get it. I don't understand the fervor for a subpar brand that has never built anything significant or even legendary, or achieved any engineering feat worthy of my attention. The entire range of cars across all their brands represent what I consider the most revolting compromise of style over substance.

Hear me out for a moment - I can't recall one Audi branded product that I could justifiably own over any of its counterparts, as they had nothing of substance to hold as beacon to potential buyers. A brand that ‘small’ engines with small output that produced just adequate acceleration and fuel economy, consistently bested by their Japanese counterparts, (Remember, this is the same company that still produces an engine with 8 valves, and 115hp. It’s pathetic.) Priced higher than arguably cars that are better equipped and coupled extremely spectrums of styling (early 2000s Audi styling was very conservative, current styling is very extremely loud. And ugly.) And this would all be ok, if it weren’t for the presumptuous owners who keep them afloat.
These people I despise the most, arrogantly parading around a brand whose crowning achievement is being almost as good as a BMW. This is very unlike Lexus, a brand that was unknown 30 years ago, is now a segment leader offering daring style, technological innovation, reliability and extreme quality, and doesn't settle for being "almost." It is. Sure, the A4 might be an ok car, but why would you buy one over a Lexus? Is it more luxurious than a Lexus ES, more sporty than an IS, does it offer a better balance than a 3 series? Probably not. Essentially, true quality, engineering and substance are overlooked in the name of “style.” The antiestablishment niche of these cars has essentially become the establishment, and if there ever was a brand that was the poster child of hipsters, Audi/VW would be the embodiment of it.
Appreciate 0