View Single Post
      01-26-2015, 10:06 AM   #27
Howz750
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 740i

Took my car to the dealer, on 1/15, for an unrelated issue. The solenoid has been sticking, when engaged with the starter, which would create an awful grinding noise, on cold starts. However, it only happens on occasion. Reported the problem, to the dealer, every time that it was in for service. However, they could never duplicate the problem. Therefore, it was never fixed. Fortunately, this time they were able to hear the grinding noise and agreed to replace the starter. However, the part had to be ordered, from Germany. So, I'm still in a loaner.

Last night, I come across this thread. So, today, I call to see if my car is going to be done, as promised. They said they need one more day, as they had to rush order some kind of vent cover or something. I ask my SA if he is aware of the 12/29/14 service bulletin and he replies, "you mean the N63 Customer Care Package?" (I was relieved that he knew about it). He said that he was aware of it and had already ran the check on my vehicle. I asked if anything was replaced, as a result. He said that he believed everything checked out ok. But I probably did get a software update.

However, I read that certain things were supposed to be replaced regardless of any testing (ie. air mass sensors, crank case vent lines, and intake duct seal). Maybe that info isn't accurate? The car is supposed to be ready tomorrow. I have all of the info that I have accumulated, on this bulletin (just google the bulletin #... all kind of stuff available), and plan to bring it with me and ask questions, if the work order, from BMW, doesn't match up with the info in the bulletin. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for starting this thread TXSTYLE... much appreciated!
Appreciate 0