View Single Post
      03-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Well, unless you go by mph rather than km/h, you will have to replace the instrument cluster as the numbers shown around the instrument cluster are in mph in US models. If you have HUD, you can switch the HUD display from mph into km/h (at least that's the case in Canadian models, I'm not sure if the US models let you do that too).

In regards to the daytime running lights, I believe that can easily be fixed with some programming (you will need to bring the car to a BMW dealership to get that done).

Also, they may ask you to get some of the exhaust system replaced as the Canadian emissions standards are different from the US standards!

Just out of curiosity, did you looked into all of the differences and what is involved in getting a US car modified/changed to make it comply with the Canadian highway safety traffic act and emissions standards BEFORE you decided to buy a car south of the border?!?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0