04-09-2009, 12:05 PM   #31
mtechnik3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel223 View Post
what the hell happened to red color instruments readouts?????????

damn german are making it look like japenese cars, the tail lights look so close to lexus style
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I agree that the instrument cluster should be white for the ///M versions of every series, and the red/orange for everything else.

I understand that this is the "flagship" of BMW, but the red/orange should be there.

Just my opinion.
You guys have to do some more research. Currenty only M models feature bright white instrument clusters...used to differntiate themselves from the Series models.

For the first time on a BMW the instrument cluster comprises a high-resolution colour display with Black Panel technology. This new style of display makes for greater character clarity and, when not in use, forms a smooth, homogenous black surface that gives the interior an added level of modern elegance.

In other words the cluster produces a bright white readout during the day for visibility, and then turns to a soft orange glow at night. This technology can also be found in the modern Merc S-Class and other Japanse counterparts. Nightime pic below. This is one the most elegant well designed interiors I've laid eyes on!

Check this web site- click the 7 series multimedia highlights, then watch the "on the road" video. It a great visual!! http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index.html
Attached Images