03-30-2024, 12:15 PM   #3
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimo5 View Post
Hi,

I have an issue where manual cabin air recirculation mode disengages itself after a minute or two of running. The air circulation button light goes out while A/C button light stays on. It happens both in auto and manual modes, regardless whether automatic air recirculation mode is active or not.

Wonder if others are experiencing same behavior as well or is it just me. Seems pretty useless feature if it's like that by design.
Raimo5, when you put recirculation into "M" (aka manual) do you get a change in cabin blower noise volume? You should as the fresh air stratification flap should close, and the internal cabin stratification flap should open, allowing the cabin blower noise to increase (nothing blocking the noise) from the passenger's footwell.

If you don't hear a change in blower motor noise, then there might be an issue with the cabin stratification flap.

Have you run ISTA and run the stratification test plan?

In cabin air "M" recirculation mode, none of my BMW's ever "exit" this mode and to be fair, even in "A" mode, the light always stays on, independent of the stratification flap's position, so if your LED goes out after a minute or so in "M" or "A" or both, I suspect you have a flap or IHKA issue.
Appreciate 0