07-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
FI PETE
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 328i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
A month after detailing I noticed these not previously present hologram marks throughout my car, most noticeable on the hood (just now had the time to take and post pictures).

Suffice to say, very upset, and the "detailer" didn't have the right attitude when I showed him; ended in argument (so don't want him trying to fix this either).

Any insight into whether or not this can be fixed, without continual / ongoing sealing / maintenance?
That is the typical work of the regular car wash guy that calls himself a professional detailer.

The buffer trails as we call them can be permanently and safely removed thru paint correction. It's a service that takes time but very rewarding when done properly. How long those it takes? well that'll depend on the type of paint (hard or soft) on your car and the severity of the damage, if the swirls where introduced with a polish or with a rubbing compound, those are things a professional detailer will have to figure out before tackling this correction. It could take 1-3 days and cost you depending on the fees in your area anywhere from $600 to $1200. If you find someone that charges you $300 to fix it.. RUN, they will just cover them up again.

Do yourself a favor and get educated about paint correction so that when you take your vehicle to get fix you can ask all the right questions.

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0