07-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #92
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Most of those mods are pretty much useless and yes....can be done on an M4 or pretty much any car.

Plus his gripes about steering are hilarious, again it's all rosy retrospection. I think that in the M3/M4 the steering is excellent, especially in Sport mode (feels a bit too fake in Sport+, too tame in Comfort). That conclusion is pretty consistent with what automotive journalists feel too but what do we know? That tool is clearly the arbiter on all things BMW.

Shame the F3x models didn't have similar steering set ups.
This is too funny...just had to chime in...LOL...

I don't think anyone is questioning the steering of the F80/82...pretty sure it can turn around corners...the point being made is that compared to an E46 M3...the feel, or the lack thereof, is laughable...I think that's the point Obioban was trying to get across.

With that said, I'm pretty sure that EVERY SINGLE automotive journalist has ragged on the steering feel of the F80/82 compared to the E46 or E90/92 M3...or anything BMW M has done in the past (hydraulically). Matter of fact, even compared to some of its competition, BMWs EPS is found lacking in every aspect...

Last edited by mirob; 07-13-2016 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0