View Single Post
      07-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #98
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Did you actually watch the video? He says he turned off all of the electronic nannies in the M3...he probably should've kept them on, he was getting way too tail happy which, while fun, kills your time.
That presenter was a professional racecar driver before becoming presenter, I think he knows how to handle a car. I'm pretty sure he drives better than all of us here. (yes, Ive watched the video)
Quote:
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the CTR can pull similar times to an M3, the latest gen is no slouch. It destroyed the 'Ring and ran it in around 7:50, same time the M3/M4 are rumored to run it in.
Yes it's not only on that small track, it does the same on the nordschleife with all its high speed stretches (2sec faster than the m4). It's a sorted car that it can do that with 120bhp less. Same goes for the megane trophy (2 sec slower on the nordschleife than the m4), cupra r290 and all those hatches that are tied up in this crazy fwd battle on who is the fastest.
And in that they can equal or even surpass the m3 with far less HP (120-150HP down) for far less money.
What I mean to say is that BMW should get its 'M' priority right again like those other manufacturers do to see who is fastest. Because 'M' now certainly doesnt stand for 'Motorsport' anymore. More like 'Marketing' or 'Make believe?'
How else can you explain cars in the same class (reasonable compact 4 seater cars) but down 120-150hp and still just as fast.
How did they (renault, honda) gain so much over the last few years over a brand like BMW?
Can you imagine a 1995 comparison in nordschleife lap times between the 321hp e36 M3 and the fastest civic at the time, a 160hp 1.6 civic. What would be the chance that they would be equally fast....and thats where we are today.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 07-13-2016 at 05:21 PM..
Appreciate 0