View Single Post
      07-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #22
Ace7
Rep
Drives: AW E65/JB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiroman View Post
I'd love to know if and when BMW North America and/or BMW Canada are planning to import them.

Best regards.

Spiroman
BMW NA is definitely going to provide the US and Canada with the Alpina B7. Especially where you live, there is definitely a market for the B7. I have driven up to Toronto for meetings and I have seen various B7s driven around. The US spec B7s could be seen driven around cities/country roads for further testing. They could be spotted during at night and int he day time if you pay attention closely. Some executives will be able to test drive the B7 around fall and winter. Sales would start end of 2009 or early 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
What really pisses me off is why BMW isn't pursueing making cars like this. Example no M7.
Unlike Mercedes-Benz, BMW have different customers than those buying S-class AMGs. BMW believes the M division has already created the ultimate sedan with the M5, the M7 would not change that. Alpina is generally seen as the official tuner for BMW, think of the B7 as the M7. Creating better aerodynamics and tuning the engine a bit, it's sort of what the M division does. BMW has also considered using Alpina's turbo which will be in future models. In general, BMW wants to keep the 7 series' status and an M7 would defy the whole point of BMW's flagship.
Appreciate 0