View Single Post
      01-18-2018, 04:54 AM   #101
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I don't believe that's an option. You see it on some cars like Land Rovers for around £1k I think where they add an oil burner to do it. Not allowed to run the engine remotely because of the emissions and say it was sat in a garage.

They have REST on the car as BMW calls it where if you've driven it you can use the heat from the engine to keep the car warm while parked up for a while with the engine off. I know that's not exactly what you was talking about but mention it because I didn't know about it for a good few years after owning a BMW. One of those things I must have missed when skimming the manual.

Think you can have this stuff if you go for one of the Hybrid models as they use the hybrid battery to AC / heating when off. So the 740e I believe can do this.

I imagine with things like the active grill that closes when the engine is cold to warm it up quicker plus heated seats / steering wheel you'll be able to warm the car up pretty quickly.
Yeah I had REST on one of my old ones, it's not a big deal but I wondered because I didn't see it and thought it would be good. Perhaps cars sold in cold climate countries could have this option maybe.
Appreciate 0