12-03-2023, 07:20 AM   #21
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
I mean turbos definitely have their perks, but when you drive your e86 right after the bronco aren't you like "now that's what I am talking about!" in terms of the engine response and connection?
100%. The EcoBoost just runs away to redline too fast then you have to shift it fast to keep on boost. I even like the N52 in my 325i E90 (without DISA) over the N52 in the E86 with DISA. The best BMW inline 6 IMO was the M20 found in the E30 back in the day. The M20B25 loved to just walk up and down the rev range from 2,200 (when it got on cam) to 5,800, it was like dialing a potentiometer, pure analog.

The EcoBoost in the Bronco is great for passing, which is one of the attributes I wanted in an ORV. I can see why the Focus RS turbo guys love their cars, the 2.3L EcoBoost with a manual in a hot hatch would be fun as shit to drive. I'd much rather have a 300 HP 3L straight 6 in the Bronco. But it is 2023, not 1987.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-06-2023 at 04:32 AM..
Appreciate 0