Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBry View Post
I'm not all that surprised. 2016 was the first model year for the G12, so it stands to reason there'd be a bit of pent-up demand by people like myself who owned an F02 and were looking to replace it with the latest model.

It'd be interesting to see the same comparison with the F02 -- first year sales (2009) vs. second year sales (2010).

I've been really enjoying my 2016 G12 750Lxi. As I've equipped this car (basically ticking all the boxes) it's very luxurious and, dare I say, fun to drive for such a large car.
Agree, I also think that all the manufacturers have further broadened their respective offerings and now there are micro segmentation for buyers to choose from which means that there will be less numbers for any one particular segment. (ie: new 8 series coming, new X7 coming, 6 GT, 6 Gran Coupe etc...which in the past was rather less segmented...you had the classic 'you can have any colour you wish as long as it is black' so choice was more limited and many other factors...

It would be good to see the year 1 through 7 of F series and trend line that and see how the G12 is doing...(also worth noting that in the UK the G11 is far more popular than the G12 so although US is F02/G12 it may be migrating to smaller cars as well?)

Anyway, agree with you, I also love my G11 and it is by far the best car I've owned to date, understated luxury and very happy with it as well.
Appreciate 0