Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
It's amusing that you quoted a statement listing where money actually goes, suspension, chassis, brakes, etc. Its not interior vinyl, fancy keys with display screens and chrome bangles for the outside.

BMW hasn't made a new 3 or 5 with better dynamics than the previous one in three or four generations. But they've added all kinds of creature comforts and gadgets. More distracted drivers, fewer actual "drivers."
Can't agree with that. My f30 would run rings round my e90 in any measure of chassis performance.
Interesting, our LCI F30 is so dead dynamically if I had a time machine and came from before 2008 or so and drove it, I'd assume it was a Lexus or MB. So little steering feel, no feedback, still the awful RFT's and no limited slip.

The scary thing is that while the Germans have largely been coasting on past success, the Americans have been pouring money into chassis and dynamic areas. With a mild styling update, the death of CUE and a real gauge set, the ATS would be twice the car of the F30 or likely the G chassis coming.
Appreciate 1
swanson733.00