View Single Post
      05-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by E39hijinks View Post
Sorry but that's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

BMW has also been big on safety. In fact go check out the dated E90 chassis vs the new C-Class chassis test results from IIHS. The technical measurements with respect to the chassis movement, particularly lower footwell and A-pillar movement (Among all other measurements) is either comparable or BETTER in the E90. Translation? The chassis is just as strong.
Umm, not talking about C-Klasse nor E90s here. (And if you want to talk other than the 7 Series and the S-Klasse, the 5 Series was a disaster in crash tests, no pun intended.)

Anyway, all I said is that I'd personally rather be in a S-Klasse then a 7er when it comes to an accident. Really, don't take it so personally. I'm not sure what your "wrecked exotics" pic actually means(?) I once saw a pic of an armored Humvee taken out by two diesel locomotives.

MB has pioneered safety. They invented a lot of the safety features cars use now. BMW also uses those features. And that's what I pointed out. Again, please don't get your knickers in a bunch. It's just car talk.

That said, I've owned many BMWs. Including a 1600 and a 2002 tii. And many modern ones too. I love them, they are great cars.

And I've also owned many MBs and P-cars, too. Equally excellent cars. I own MB and Porsche as my current choices, but am considering an M5 in 2010. I'm hoping for something great, we'll see.

btw, who is Geezus?
Appreciate 0