View Single Post
      02-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #51
Nihilation
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, 328xi AT and 328i 6MT

2008 Subaru STI

I was looking for a new Evo X in 2008 when they were doing 0% financing. Must have went to the dealer a half dozen times to sit in them and look around. Oddly enough I just couldn't get comfortable in the car and they wouldn't let you test drive them at the time. Never felt confident enough to pull the trigger.

Then, just for shits I stopped by the Subaru dealer next door. It was owned by the same company and also offering 0%. They had a new white STI based model for $30k and it just seemed to fit me more. I bought it the next day but quickly grew tired of it. Added a Cobb AP that helped a little but wasn't a fan of the power delivery and the more I looked at the interior design, the more I wanted out. Then came all of the ringland issues. I traded it in 4-5 months later on a Mini Cooper S, knowing I'd continue to modify it and wouldn't be able to cover the cost of a new engine if catastrophic failure happened and warranty was denied.

1999 Audi A4 5MT
Sold my 91 Acura NSX (worst decision ever, BTW) and picked this up as a cheap DD that I'd modify a bit to add some excitement. Bought it and immediately had it chipped, Porsche BBK and suspension work done. Went for a few drives through Skyline and it was cool for a few months then I sold it. Too slow, too nose heavy, kinda boring and had a dated interior.
Attached Images