View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #62
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Controversially, the m240i. But not because it is a bad vehicle.

Unfortunately at the time the waiting list for the M2 was way too flocked. I naively decided to go with the m240i believing it would not differ too much from the M2. My first mistake was speccing the car in a rush without the proper configurator running on the website for visual guidance and instruction.

I ended up missing out on the Adaptive Suspension and the Tech Package. Ideally the two most fundamental accessories the car needed to compete with the M2 for different reasons. The passive suspension is essentially a nightmare if you daily drive on bumpy roads. The standard Business package was very disappointing. The 6.5 screen covered with ugly plastic was an eye-sore. No Apple Car Play and the old iDrive system. Additionally the business package gave me the analog speedometer, basically the same one you can find in a 06' e92. An 11 year old car.

In all honesty, the M240i with adaptive suspension, sunroof & professional navigation is without doubt a better daily driver than the M2. My setup was leaning more closely to the M2 without all the M mechanical parts. Even if I installed the M-performance suspension, Limited-Slip Differential, better tires etc. I still wouldn't have gotten close.

I also chose AT over MT, which removed 75% of the engagement.

It's my biggest regret because it's genuinely a great car that I specced in the most counter productive way possible.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP704.00