View Single Post
      07-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #32
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

The realistic option would be for the Knicks to buy out Carmelo and start fresh. All these trades, trade veto, trade kicker etc make it difficult to move him. Sure Carmelo can waive it but Houston has to dump Ryan Anderson and at least one player or two to make it work. No one wants Anderson at his salary, which requires multiple teams. There's a reason why the Lakers had to give up the 2nd pick in Russell to the Nets to take back a terrible contract. But the Knicks gutted the team for him, so they want at least something back. They don't want Love either, which requires a 3 to maybe 4 team deal, which makes it near impossible to pull off. And the Cavs don't have to move Irving now regardless of how unhappy he is. With that said, Irving and Prozginis make them a Playoff team in the weak East. That alone should makes Knicks' fans happy if they can pull off the trade. If I'm the Cavs, I keep Irving and hope Melo/Wade get a buy out or make a trade with the Suns for Jackson, Bledsoe, and a first round pick.