Drives: '16 M2, '23 GT4

Garage List
2023 Porsche GT4  [5.00]
2016 BMW M2  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiten
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87LUV View Post
Not sure why the "all female" team is relevant. Are you trying to blame women for the downfall of the Z4? I assure you if BMW let me design a new Z4 coupe. It would be bananas and under $65k loaded.
LOL. Not at all. I said they were successful at achieving the task they were selected for.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/au...MMER.html?_r=0

The Z4 failed because it tried to be too much at once and the quality improvements combined with the folding roof just drove the price out of line. Another point of failure was the lack of aspirational value. The Z3 had a coupe option, the ///M variants , Z8, and Alpina Roadster to bolster its appeal. The First gen Z4 at least had the coupe option and ///M variants. I actually am quite fond of the E89, and its unfortunate it was just pushed out there all alone. The design is one of the better more recent BMW's and the effort put into it was apparent. The sticker shock wasn't so easy to swallow though and it took absurdly Subvened leases to move them. For a while it was the slowest selling car in America with average inventory days over 400. I had two....both 35is and were on absurdly incentivized 12mo leases for less than $600mo with zero out of pocket...on a near $70k car
I had two e89s as well. Only because there was no other car I wanted after my e86 coupe and even if it wasn't close enough, it was still the only BMW I wanted. In retrospect, i should've maybe purchased a leftover 35si instead of the M2 but I was trying to be practical and have a backseat for the first time in almost a decade. I hope BMW wakes up and makes a uturn back to a smaller but more qualified line up.