View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 11:44 AM   #108
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I expect the China New Compact Sedan will be available in other markets due to the popularity of the segment as times progress.
But for now the emphasis is solely on China.

But they have investigated possibilities for the car to be manufactured such as the upcoming new plant in Mexico or even Brazil. Such a car also has potential in markets such as India where it can also be manufactured.

Mercedes-Benz are also planning a China only A-Klasse sedan which shows how lucrative the C-Segment is in China which is the main segment still showcasing growth. Whilst other segments decline.

As far as we can tell at the moment the 2er will split to have the more sportier models under RWD with the Sporthatch,Active and Gran Tourer on the more practical side.
I really dont get why your company "sent" you to this forum. Clearly bmw lost interest in building the "ultimate driving machine" (otherwise no fwd 1ser would ever make the light of day). Its all about $$$, filling niches and luxury. And thats ok. I dont own bmw so they are free to do whatever. But why oh why do they pay you to vomit your marketing bs here when this is a fan forum?
Appreciate 1