View Single Post
      06-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #5
MKBMF01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 750i f01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Hello 7ers. I got sick of looking at my chrome grills and bumper trims, so I Plasti Dipped them matt black. I pulled the grills out, since it's easy. I left the bumper trims on, just tape off less than an inch away where I wanted the Plasti Dip to break.

I sprayed the first coat lightly, with about 50-60% transparency. I sprayed coats 2-5 a bit thicker, covering different angles. Leaving 20min between coats for the Plasti Dip to level and breathe. After the 5th coat, I allowed 20min for it to dry then peel off the masking tapes and excess Plasti Dip around the bumper trims. I snapped the grills back in place.

The end result is flawless. After 2k miles being on the road, rock chips and bugs haven't done any harm to the Plasti Dipped grills and trims. Best $6 I ever spent at Home Depot. More dipping to come on the rest of the trim pieces. I hope you find this post helpful.

If you're curious about the lights, I'm running mTEC V2 LED Angel Eyes and mTEC Golden Style fogs (Standard 35w H8). Got them from mTEC Lighting USA. Still love the setup.

(Looking for wheels and suspension sponsor)
Dip the wheels and side markers including reflectors , i have seen them dipped, they look really nice!
Appreciate 0