View Single Post
      05-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbuck View Post
I had a W211 and a W203 a few years ago, so I'm no stranger to the brand but the current S and new E just don't do it for me style wise. I'm not sure of your safety comparison either, I think the NCAP and USA equivalent crash test results are fairly similar between the brands.
I've had a lot of MBs and Bimmers in my past, also. And as we all know the BMW is the driver's car. But the MB is a stronger build, imho.

I agree about the new W212 E-Klasse. I dislike the body design, too. I have a 2009 W211 only as my daily driver; it's comfortable and effortless to drive. My P-car is for the hard driving weekend and track stuff.

I don't know of any crash tests for the S nor the 7ers. The IIHS (a gold standard here) has not tested them. So, not sure where you saw the numbers. NCAP has not crashed them either. So again, not sure what you're talking about there.

MB has been revolutionary in it's safety features. It doesn't advertise it however. They invented crumple zones in 1957. They are innovative and the first in passive and active safety, and their trademarked Pre-Safe system. The list is long in safety firsts.

All these innovations are first implemented in the S-Klasse. Airbags were first introduced in Europe with the S. BMW only follows in safety implementations although it's arguably first in many engine design and chassis builds.

And that was my only point: I'd rather be in an S-Klasse over a 750 if it came to an accident.

Driving fun would go to the BMW. And that's why I have two cars
Appreciate 0