04-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #27
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloading View Post
I paid off ~150k (with a little help from my parents) and have about 50k left to go. When I graduate, I'll be making ~$66/hr full time but hopefully pick up more shifts ~50-70 hrs/week while I'm still young and capable of this.
Let me get this straight... you're still in college and you've already paid off $150K of your student loan with a "little" help from your parents? How did you come up with this much money as a student, did you start up some kind of dot com company? Or maybe your parents helped more than just a little?

And then if that wasn't enough, you say you already have a job lined up after graduation earning $66/hr which translates to from $130,000 per year for 40hr week, to up to $230,000 per year if you "pick up more shifts." That's quite a first job coming right after graduation! Is your diploma a Harvard MBA? I don't think even Donald Trump's kids made that much straight out of college.

Nevertheless, if everything you say is right, then you must be some kind of genius prodigy destined to be CEO of something before 30, in which case go for the M3 now because your financial future is secured.
Appreciate 0