View Single Post
      10-31-2014, 09:47 PM   #14
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by etc123
I just got my new 2014 750Li two weeks ago so I'm pretty new to the forum and BMW in general. In all my previous cars, I used to change the oil every 2,500-3,000 miles. It seems that oil change for the Bimmer is between 10k-15k miles depending on the driving style. Even though the newer cars have a lot of electronics, mechanical parts do exist and are responsible for the physical movement of the car. I just cannot make peace and allow myself to destroy the engine by changing the oil every 10k+ miles. I know i'm paranoic about this and usually do end up changing the oil sooner than most people but I just cannot accept changing it at more than 10k miles regardless of what synthetic oil they put in.

Does anyone have any comments on this topic?
If you really drive your 750li hard enough to require an oil change every 5000 miles---you won't need to change it because you [in some cases] won't have any oil in your car to change.

Yes, if you run your engine at top speed for long durations, you will consume 1 quart every 1000 miles. If you baby your engine like most drivers, changing the oil is like changing the air in your tires---it has no effect.

Now, bmw recently lowered its intervals, but you can still go the distance and not worry.
Appreciate 0