11-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #16
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Fast but not what I would expect from 650 hp/650 tq. Turbo S is faster with 100 less hp and 100 less tq.

991 turbo S tested by C&D did 0-100 mph in 6.5 sec and 0-150 mph in 16.5 seconds. So assuming another 2 seconds (which its prob too much time) to 160 for the turbo S, it is almost 4 1/2 seconds faster to 160 mph!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review
Not what you'd expect? AWD vs RWD has been covered.
Wait till you see the delta on a race track. The Z06 is $105K and the TT can definitely go over $200K. It will be spanked by the Z06.

Here is a quote from Autoweek:
Two minutes later a white Z06 rockets down the hill at turn 12, its V8 producing a shriek not heard all day. Despite the high heat and being driven hard already for many laps, and riding on tires with a fair amount of running on them, the lap timer flashes 1 minute, 29.8 seconds as Pilgrim crosses the line. Info pulled from the onboard -- and must-have for track drivers -- Cosworth-developed Performance Data Recorder’s telemetry shows a 1.5 lateral-g spike. Consider: a Camaro Z/28.R’s pole-position time at Road Atlanta for October’s IMSA Continental Tire Challenge Series race was 1:31.6 -- and the Z06’s lap time puts it within three seconds of the slowest qualifier, an Audi R8 LMS, in this year’s Petit Le Mans’ GT Daytona class at the same circuit.

When you realize a good set of slicks should knock four or five seconds off the Corvette versus race-car delta, the day’s final result isn’t just interesting as anticipated, but rather shocking. Of all of today's series-production performance cars, if you measure success by lap time, the Z06 is a remarkable achievement. The fact it is equally at home on quiet public roads on the way to and from the circuit, or as a daily driver, make it outright astounding.
- See more at: http://autoweek.com/article/car-revi....auk46Fbu.dpuf
Appreciate 0