NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobar View Post
Does it have the 4 wheel steering? Game changer for sure. Makes the barge drive like a much smaller vehicle.

Couple thoughts on your drive, make sure to compare sport, and comfort and comfort plus. Adaptive is amazingly good at figuring out what is needed at the time as well, but hard to compare unless you’re driving for a long period of time.

Comfort plus is like a cloud, but the car starts in second gear, so the throttle tip in is atrocious. Adaptive does a good job of blending that with the ride of comfort plus.

But I would surmise that, as posted above, the 550 to 750 from the drivers seat will be similar. Sit in the back and recline the chair, and then figure out how to hire a chauffeur.
The one I’m driving doesn’t have 4 wheel steering but there’s one I’m keeping an eye on that does. It’s out of town. Great color scheme too. I have that on my M550 and it’s great.

My wife is coming with me. I want to get her take from the passenger seat, as well. If I go this route, I can see myself lobbying to take it on family road trips over our X7. Leg room in the rear will be nice but the kids are 7 and under 2. So they don’t need it but it would fit their booster/car seats better. The 5 handles that fine, though. We took my old 540 to the beach before we had the baby. Hauled all three of us plus luggage with zero problem. So I know the 7 could easily do it with the 4 of us.

If it were up to me, we’d have gotten her a 740 when we got her the X7. But she wanted the SUV and third row.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0