View Single Post
      05-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
ImolaGuardsman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Special Order Paint for 760LI

Hey everyone,

Been a lurker on these boards for a couple of years now - been a privilege thus far - seems like the collective experience and knowledge runs the full gamut here, so thought it was high time I joined, to ask my first question!

I'm looking to order a 760LI with M Sport Package sometime within the next 6 months... In terms of normal options, I think I am pretty well informed on what I'd like to add - from reading many of your reviews on here.

Where I am considering taking a different route from the standard option list is with the exterior paint color. From what I understand, most special orders fall under the Individual program. However, the two paint jobs I am considering, would be Imola Red, or the Polaris Metallic matte finish which was shown on the Z4 Mille Miglia (not unlike the "frozen" colors offered on the Competition M3s).

I will include a quick photoshopped pic of an Imola red 7 at the end of the post (the original photo was sourced from a member here on the boards - taken at a show, I am embarrassed to say I cannot remember from whom, but if someone knows, please lmk so I can give due credit)

The other color Polaris Metallic matte silver - - I am thinking of doing something not unlike the EAS blacked-out look, but perhaps having the trimmings in a gloss black - taking advantage of the switch-over from chrome that the M sport package now comes with.

While I am certainly open to opinions on if you think the color choice is fitting for a vehicle of this size, but the primary questions I would like to ask:

*Has anyone had any experience special ordering a color like this - beyond the Individual program's existing palette choice?

*Do you think that it is a realistic expectation to find a dealer to work with me - as well as BMW to provide a custom order paint job for the flagship of their line?

*Any idea on the costs associated with something of this nature? ....I assume that the matte silver would probably run a bit higher than Imola Red.

*And finally, if anyone knows of a good dealership that you've had experience, or know someone who has worked with special orders, please let me know - as I am not entirely convinced of the professionalism of my local dealer - -- I live in the Southeast US - and am prepared to travel to find the right dealer, but would prefer to stay in Florida if possible.

Thanks for any feedback or information!!

Appreciate 0