Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Ti? Titanium? Tritium?

Yes, one can buy a new watch having tritium (H3) lume. Deep Blue, Ball, and Luminox are three that come readily to my mind.

One can also buy a new watch made from titanium. Tudor's Pelagos is the one on the tip of my tongue. There are many others.

When it's fully charged, yes, SL is brighter.

What watches have you on which the SL lasts all night long (8 hours or more)? Perhaps one of them is something I might buy on the merit of your assertion? I'm certainly curious enough about such a thing's existence that I'd reach out to the maker to learn what they do differently -- quantity of SL applied, formula, etc. -- that makes their SL last so long.

All the best.
Sorry yes i meant tritium, didnt think it was still be used for new watches. Of course the issue there is that it will degrade overtime.

As for me, my PAMs do provide continuous lume, perhaps it has to do with how its applied and how much is applied- as even they use multiple methods and i have an example of a painted dial vs a sandwich dial where the latter is the brighter between the two applications. I can always look at my watch in the middle of the nite and see the lume. So while it will not be intense as it will be when initially charged, as your eyes acclimate to the darkness you stay able to see the lume without issue.
Appreciate 0