View Single Post
      02-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
jasonrhcastle
BMW fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Cayenne Turbo

Actually, you would not have to "flip" over your 7 to total it. You should read up a little bit about how that cars are being built by BMW now a days. Lot of these frames require very, very special work to repair any damage.

As far as the dealer making more profit than $1000-1500 on a deal, I disagree. If there is a special vehicle, i.e. limited production or special vehicle (i.e. some M's), then I could maybe see that. But on most models, I completely disagree. Dealers, like any other business, must make money to remain open. However, my opinion is that they should make as little money off me as they can. If you want to make up the difference, then by all means do so.

I have bought my last 2 BMW's from BMW of South Atlanta, from Adrian Avilla. Fantastic CA. I literally made both deals in about 5 emails each. The first on my M5, and the second on my new X5M. Both loaded. Paid below invoice on my M5, and about $3000 above invoice on my X5M when it was very first introduced. Even so, I have not had any problems getting service, or loaners, from my local dealer. It is all in how you deal with that service department, and how you treat your SA. If you get to know your SA and take care of him/her, then you are golden.

If you think that invoice is the bottom number from which a dealer makes a profit, then again, you are mistaken. There are multiple variables that go into what the dealer turns on a sale.

Well, about using the phone or internet to barter a deal, again I disagree. You are the exact customer that most dealers make their real money on. I custom order all my vehicles. So, they are not test driven, used, etc before delivered to me. My dealer takes very detailed pictures and info from the vehicle before shipping (I picked my M5 up from there, and had to have the X5M shipped secondary to time constraints). Shipping was $300 for private flatbed shipping to my door. Enclosed would have been like $400-$500 total. If I had bought from my dealer locally, I would have only gotten $1000 off sticker and had to wait a month longer for a production slot.

So, say what you will. But it is the 21st century, and the old model of car buying has gone out the window. In this economy, no matter how rich you might be, I would still save a few $1000 either way.

Back to the original poster, your best bet, without a shadow of a doubt would be to go with ED...

Good luck!

On order: 2012 Ferrari California....
Appreciate 0