Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal
Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
It's easy to call other folks insane or selfish when their values are different from your own. We're all going to be dead soon enough and these guys are hitting it while they can rather than rotting in front of a tube like the rest of us. Doesn't seem like such a bad way to use the one life you've got.
I don't completely disagree with this comment notwithstanding my first post. I just think that for the vast majority of people, even those not "wasting" their lives, the risk of cutting your life short for an adrenaline rush makes little sense to most people who have a basic survival instinct. Maybe they just believe it will never really happen to them. Maybe they don't care.

On the selfish part, if you have people that care about you and you deliberately put your life in jeopardy, that is absolutely selfish by definition given the pain you potentially risk imposing on your family. I'm not judging their selfishness... lots of us make selfish choices... but it is absolutely a selfish act unless there is no one who would give a damn if you were dead.
This, that's what I was thinking..