View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #8
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

I drive a Q7 till my toy arrives here, and I think I'm qualified by now to write a review, so here you are.

I come from a country, where the actually sell French vehicles, and therefore I can say with confidence that I know what a piece of shit feels like while driving it. Still, I would say Audi has topped that. The fact that it tries to be sporty, 330 hp's and supercharged just makes it feel like a last horraa before the grave time is here.

It doesn't handle badly as my car histories best specimens, and it doesn't break down, but the will to live is of at the moment one has to walk near it. I would not list the body roll as the worst I've witnessed, but the fact that that is 85 k worth of engineering, it would be nice to have some feed back from the road.

Taking it off road is of course suicide, the quattro means in English apparently that it can be driven if a leaf is on the road, but even then it's not recommended. The steering feel is fine, but i would appreciate if instead of a feel, the steering would also be fine, ours just seems to have a sat nav and a cup holder, and a seat, and my input is that I start it. Great!

When we first moved here, agency rented us Dodge something awful, and then a Ford something worse. Due our dogs and kids, 7 seats is a must, but we still do not fit the minivan type, since the lovely husband doesn't want one, and there is no way I will drive one.

As a way to think back your choices in the world, the Q7 works like a dream. Every mile you drive, you drive only because the alternative is starving to death cause mum didn't go shopping for groceries. Every day you hope it was just a bad dream,, and now our garage is clean again.

The only person I have witnessed driving one of these with a smile on their faces is my dear old spouse, and I think that was just because he was trying to aim at our Jack Russell. Then again, he is a freak show when it comes to vehicles, and I have not witnessed him speeding ones in the entire time we have been together.
Appreciate 0