CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
BUT, people had choices. If you buy a BMW but can only afford a Toyota, that's your decision. If you chose to go to a high priced school, instead of a local city university, that's your choice. You knew going in.
Yep, I know both sides of the coin. People who couldn't afford college, so didn't go, and also some who couldn't afford a name brand school, but went to that name brand school instead of community college. Then they graduated in basket weaving with $100k in debt and are mad they work at Starbucks.

I work at a University, and think education is important. The right education being most important. Many people enroll in classes only to drop out or change majors 10 times because not enough work experience is encouraged before college. Students are just told to major in whatever they "like to do" and we all know how that goes. I think the trades are an option that was overlooked for way too long by my generation (influenced by our parents) and we are all paying for it now.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15782.00
Llarry16390.00