View Single Post
      02-24-2014, 08:58 PM   #5
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordent2007
I can see your point on the principle, but such a petty thing sometimes takes away from the argument. You see it as "I've been loyal to the brand and they should take care of such a minor thing due to my loyalty". At some point a business has to stick to its guns and draw the line. If they changed everyone's wiper blades for free anytime the customer felt the need they would lose a ton of money. I would just spring for a new set and avoid being labeled by the dealership as "the wiper blade guy" just my opinion, no offense intended
Of course I am not offended. That's why I am asking for your opinions.

I see your point, but then $0 maintenance isn't really $0.

BMW wrote the contract. BMW has the data and knows how long wiper blades last. The price of my car is based on the cost of the $0 maintenance contract.

I didn't nickel and dime my dealer. In fact, I paid them exactly what they asked for with no haggling.

I would rather BMW charge me $1000 more for the car so I can truly get a $0 maintenance contract. I have to draw the line too. I paid BMW whatever they ask. In return, I want a $0 maintenance contract.

BMW determined the price of my car. BMW promised $0 maintenance and BMW put in writing that wiper inserts are included.

Why should I feel guilty about holding BMW to their word?
Appreciate 0