05-18-2017, 03:31 AM   #1807
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
That is great if you feel safe without one. I don't expect to eve need to use mine here in Iowa but I'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around.
We don't have that choice in the UK. Even for those of us that have gone through the time consuming process to obtain a Firearms Certificate, there are still massive restrictions on storage, use, etc. They are not a means of defence under any circumstances here in the UK, so its not a matter of whether you feel safe or not without one - there is no choice!

Don't forget, even our regular Police Officers do not carry firearms as a routine so no way will the public ever be allowed to!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I think they are more necessary here in the US for when Trump hits his 8 years and wants 4 more. Gotta be able to keep our government in check and having the population armed to the teeth is a good way to start.
That's exactly why our public aren't allowed to have them...... but that decision was taken by our Govt a loooong time ago and won't ever be changed......if anything it will just get ever more restrictive over here.