View Single Post
      07-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #78
Ross61
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 GTO (soon to be an M4)

I have just a tad over 80 acres and love it.

I know two things:

I can hunt all year long on my land and shoot whatever/whenever on my 250 yd range and,

If you are not with me on my land, you are against me, trespassing, and I have the right to defend myself especially of you are poaching (ie, carrying a weapon).

I get along with both the sheriff (and his deputies) and the game warden. Also, I get along with both neighbors who have sections compared to my 80 and who do not hunt. Hence, come the season of my choice, I get a little permission card from them and the warden is legally satisfied.

To make matters better, one neighbor had a small barn yard fire when I was out on my land, I stopped my hunt, jumped his fence (Remmy ADL 30.06 and all) and helped him put out the fire. THAT action got me hunting rights on his land. Word got to the other neighbor and now I take his 16 year old grand daughter out deer hunting whenever they are around. Dove hunting is coming up this Labor Day and she's been doing skeet this year in preparation. Her mom's great and will spend the morning with her dad (my neighbor) and then the afternoon my wife (both the mom and my wife are VERY easy to look at, IMO).

The daughter and mom may likely come out after some snow sticks. Daughter wants to hunt in the snow and her mom wants to try the hot tub while it's snowing.

Yes, life is good, even in the winter.

Last edited by Ross61; 07-25-2016 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50