View Single Post
      02-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

I'VE HAD IT WITH SAFE-GUARD.

Vibration when driving. Pull into service drive, point out three bubbled tires. Service advisor brings car into shop and puts it on lift. Service advisor, tech and I observe all four rims being bent, worst being right front and left rear; bad hop when spun.

Service advisor calls to state that three tires are approved, but all rims are denied. I go crazy, as two are obviously bent. I call Safe-Guard and Safe-Guard contacts dealer to request additional photos.

Safe-Guard subsequently approves the left front rim, WHICH IS NOT NEARLY AS BAD AS THE FRONT RIGHT OR REAR LEFT!? I call Safe-Guard and speak with a manger who states that someone must’ve over stepped their authority' and that I’m 'lucky for any rims to have been approved as far as he’s concerned'. WTF IS GOING ON HERE!?

Safe-Guard manager states they do not cover ‘out of round’ wheels, but only those damaged by ‘road hazard impact’. Rims don’t come bent and short of lawsuit, I don’t know what else I have to do anymore. Safe-Guard also no longer sends inspectors, no longer accepts total indicated run out values and doesn’t accept video showing a bent rim for claims. They state that if the bend is not visible when the wheel is stationary / static, it’s not covered, which is BS, as the contract / policy nowhere states same.

I asked if the rims were removed for the pictures and was told they were left on the car. I said it’s certainly difficult to tell with less than half of the wheel showing and they said my dealer is ‘intimately aware of the claims process’. I said Safe-Guard should review additional photos and was told they will not, as multiple managers have already reviewed the claim.

I may not replace the tires, as there’s no doubt that if I do, they will subsequently state there’s no ‘sign of corresponding road hazard impact’. Nonsense through and through.
Appreciate 0