View Single Post
      01-15-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

What are you looking for in your car?
When I was looking for one, we needed something that could carry 3-4 people on long trips if needed.I wanted to have a sporty car too [coming from a 135i].The M5 felt like it would be the right fit.

The M5 has good handling for its size,I have to admit that.But the overall finishes were 5 series level.The rear seat legroom was so so.It felt heavy.Its RWD only.It was noisy inside[some might relate it to the sportiness of the car].I was interested in the stick.It was very very poorly implemented in the M5[Lazy job by BMW].Had I chosen the M5 None of my family would be completely happy.I would have just massaged my ego owning one.The DCT got boring.It might perform well ~100mph speeds but I don't plan to drive at those speeds.

Then I test drove the 7.Everyone was comfortable in it.yes it wasn't as sporty as the M5,but it never is advertised as one.It just felt right when I sat in it.

Then I test drove the cayman S[6 speed].I was blown away .I made up my mind that I would save for a cayman to satisfy my sporty needs and get a 7 now so that the whole family could enjoy it.

For now I drive my wives MDX for work and she gets the 7.

For me for the same amount of $$ the 7 seemed better for my needs.It was spacious ,would come with X Drive[Live in the NE],The rear leg room was amazing[Li],Better finish.The M5 [ for my needs] felt like a compromise.

Take a paper and pen and write down the pro' and con's of each.If you are looking for a Jack of all trades, got for it.Check the S6 too.It comes with AWD if thats important for you.The M5 isn't a bad car at all.It's not about picking a good car,its about picking the right car for you.

Mileage and Maintenance can be considered if they bother you.Good luck and post some picture's when you get your new car.
Appreciate 0