03-26-2017, 09:24 AM   #50
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Unless I am missing something, the Cayman doesn't have a back seat. I have a ~40lb doodle that accompanies me some of the time, so I don't know how I could transport him with a Cayman due to concerns about an airbag deployment, which could be fatal (to him).
I breezed through most of the posts here, but since you hit upon what I was going to discuss, I'll chime in.

First off, if you like cars, then the count of how many you have is immaterial. I have 4 plus a motorcycle (that's basically a car a Honda Valkyrie Interstate), and looking to get a Chevy Bolt soon.

But you are looking for a Porsche with a back seat. So that leaves you with an SUV (not really a Porsche), the Panamera, or the 911 (suitable for the dog). But the rear seat of the 911 is not really a usable seat for adults. The Cayman is the Porsche you should get since it's affordable as a used car, and quite reliable (outside of a possible IMS bearing issue on the pre-'09s), and does what you buy a Porsche to do. But you're mistaken about airbag situation. The passenger airbag can be turned off in the Cayman. It's federal law that any two seat car must have a defeatible airbag so that rear-facing child safety seats can be used in the passenger seat. Your restrained pup should be as safe in the Cayman as any other vehicle he now rides in.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0