View Single Post
      02-25-2018, 09:08 PM   #71
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Didn’t move away??? Have you driven older BMW models?? Recent BMW models (including M models) have moved far way from the driving dynamics and feel of past BMWs. The BMW feel was evident in nearly all of their old models regardless of spec. Hell my 1997 318ti had way better driving feel than both my retired F30 and current F10 and the 318ti was one of the lamest BMWs made in recent history.

I’m a huge BMW fan but my current car will probably be my last BMW due to such poor driving dynamics and steering feel exhibited by recent BMW models. I always bought BMWs because their driving feel was definitely superior to the other German marques but now they’re not. If I wanted luxury I’d get a Mercedes and it looks like I’ll have to move on to Porsche for superior driving dynamics and feel.
I'm a SUV guy and I enjoy my x5 50i very much. It's second to X5M and is a beast. I don't know a lot of SAV/SUVs out there that can do better (except Porsche maybe). So I'm very happy with what BMW did with it's X line of SAVs.
M cars are excellent too. 7 series were always good, but they were comfort oriented always. So it all comes down to 3 series and 5 series. Yes, BMW went towards gaining more market in those categories, but BMW brand is more than just 3 and 5 series IMHO

P.S. Grass is always greener on the other side - Porsche is guilty too of going soft - I just came from their forum and same complains
Appreciate 0