09-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden View Post
I stopped by a tint place this morning. The guy said he has done several F01/F02s and the trick it to remove a piece on the top of the door (when its open) to get access to the window shade area. He said they do not take the door apart.

They quoted me $300 for top of the line 3M hyrbrid tint. (including the front windows) Sounds expensive.
That's correct. It's actually fairly easy to remove the part if you know how to. That's what they did on my car too. I got 32% all around and with the power shades, I have the option to make it brighter or darker in the rear 'on-demand' which is nice! I got the ceramic stuff installed on mine, don't recall the manufacturer or type they installed though. I paid more than that, but he also took his time and did a great job. Hopefully I will find some time to post some pictures soon.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0