12-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #15
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf3472 View Post
Just spoke to the engineers from Schintzer. He said they dont offer anything for the rear because with the 1" drop in the front, it gives the car an "aggressive" stance but if i did want to lower the rear, BMW has to reset the parameters for the rear leveling sensors. Spoke to BMW and they said its no problem to do that, but theyre not sure if the car will reset back to the original parameters when it goes thru a cycle. My wheels should he here end of this week and then im bringing it in for an alignment and ill let everyoine know how it goes.

Im going with 20" Beyern mesh in silver.
Thanks for the update.

I guess I was right in my assumption that the system would need to be reprogrammed (or reset) to lower the rear end of the car. I would assume that if you drop the rear end by one inch, that would impact the ride comfort for the rear passengers considerably, especially if the road is less than perfect and also depending on your driving style

Are you putting RFT or regular tires on your new rims?
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0