12-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #4
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryouken View Post
No, how many software updates have there been?
I've been in the dark ;-;

The only times I took my car in was for the HPFP and the LPFP
I don't know how many they have released but so far I think I got 3 updates done (at least these are the ones I recall) and they have always improved or fixed minor annoyances I had found with the car.

I think the first update I received fixed the video playback issue on the rear seat entertainment system I had posted about shortly after I picked up the car. My dealership updated the software of the entire car with the latest version available at that time.

The second software upgrade was done when BMW issued the recall on the spark plugs on the new 4.4l TTV8 as found in the F01/F02 750 as well as the E71 X6 50i models. They updated the entire car after which I had to put all my settings back into the car since I did not do a backup of my settings onto a USB stick...

The 3rd software upgrade was actually done because I had come across a rather odd issue with the new navigation system that I discovered on a trip to my in-laws. The navigation system kept telling me to use the off-ramp to get of the highway turn left and immediately turn right to get back onto the highway. It kept doing that a few times until I turned the voice commands off... When I talked to my SA about this issue, he told me that they had a new map update and wanted to know if I would mind if he updated my car. So I told him to go right ahead with it
Last time I took the same trip up to my in-laws, the system no longer asked me to leave the highway, so the last software update definitely fixed that little quirk

Not sure what else these software upgrades changed or fixed.

I am actually going to call my SA tomorrow to find out if they have another software upgrade. I had found a software bug in the iDrive controller and reported to him about 2 weeks ago, so I want to follow up with him to see if BMW has a fix for it already. I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0